THE PROCESS & MEASURING INSTRUCTIONS
After we have discussed the goals of your project, I'll need:
1. photos of the space as it currently is
2. a rough pencil drawing of the basic shape of the room(s) with measurements. SEE HOW TO MEASURE below. If you have an accurate builder's plan of the room, that is ideal but not required. I often coach clients through the measuring process live over the phone and can record the measurements on my end.
3. Inspiration photos (Pinterest, Houzz) of what you are hoping to achieve
IMPORTANT NOTE: The 3D renderings are concept drawings and will not have been reviewed by a licensed architect or contractor and are not warranted as construction- or permit-ready plans. Concept drawings are extremely helpful in communicating the general plan along with specific design details to home renovation professionals, but are not meant to replace their expertise.
1. Samples Client Sketches (click arrow)
2. Sample Client Photos (click arrow)
HOW TO MEASURE
1. Measure around the room in horizontal width segments to within an inch: corner to door opening, width of door opening, door to opposite corner, etc.
2. Measure the FULL length and width of the room as well
3. Measure floor-to-ceiling height
4. Measure length, width and floor-to-sill dimensions of all windows
IMPORTANT: Measure to the INSIDE of windows and doors, bypassing the casing.